The Governing Board are seeking to appoint an inspirational Leader following the retirement of our existing, well respected Headteacher. Please click on details below to see copy of advert.
The Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle in partnership with South Tyneside Local Authority.
St Matthew’s RC Primary School
Alnwick Grove, Jarrow, Tyne & Wear, NE32 5YT
Required for September 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
Full time Permanent
The Governing Board are seeking to appoint an inspirational Leader following the retirement of our existing, well respected Headteacher.
The school is a very inclusive and welcoming community where the Gospel messages of caring and sharing are seen in action.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Is a committed, practising Catholic with a clear vision and strong commitment to Catholic education.
- Brings strong, forward thinking leadership, has a clear strategic vision and drive to build upon the existing success of our school (described by Ofsted in 2012 as “an outstanding school with an exceptionally positive ethos, strongly rooted in Christian values”).
- Will have high expectations of all our pupils, driving forward academic excellence and nurturing the special gifts which make each child unique.
- Will develop strong relationships with St Matthew’s Parish and the wider school community.
- Is an exemplary primary practitioner with a proven track record in raising standards in teaching and learning.
- Has the necessary drive to pursue and achieve the highest expectation for pupils’ attainment, progress and personal development.
- Has the ability to set high expectations and targets for staff to improve outcomes for pupils.
- Will encourage our children to ‘let their light shine’ by providing a rich and inspiring curriculum.
- Will seek to promote, to the utmost, the development of every child’s personal wholeness, integrity, gifts and creativity in a welcoming and loving school community.
We will offer:
- A caring, warm and happy school with well-behaved, confident and high achieving pupils
- Dedicated and caring staff, who are enthusiastic and deliver a vibrant curriculum and who are “exceptionally committed to providing the pupils with the best education” (Ofsted 2012)
- A strong commitment to CPD for all staff
- A caring school community supported by an extremely supportive and effective Governing Board together with an engaged wider school and Parish family
Visits to St Matthew’s are warmly welcomed and these can be arranged by contacting the school office on: Tel: 0191 489 8355.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 455 4968.
Completed application forms should be sent to:
Mrs P. Melia (Chair of Governors),
St Matthew’s RC Primary School,
Tyne and Wear,
or by email to: email@example.com
Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing date: Monday 7th June 2021 at 12.00 noon
Shortlisting: Wednesday 9th June 2021
Covid secure interviews: Friday 18th June 2021
Only applications returned on the CES application form will be considered for Shortlisting.
To view a short video about St Matthews, please visit: https://youtu.be/stXjbaB5ACA
The Governing Board of St Matthew’s and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard them. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.